Sports are full of unsung heroes, and perhaps no member of the team flies more under the radar than the team manager. It’s a thankless job, but somebody has to schedule the practices, order team uniforms, complete the league rosters, and coordinate out-of-town tournament travel logistics.
By taking on the operational aspects of the team, the manager enables the coach to focus on player development and game time instruction to provide the players with a rewarding experience.
And now, thanks to FlipGive, the free team funding app, team managers across North America will finally get the thanks they deserve! FlipGive has teamed up with National Today, the global authority on holidays throughout the year, to create the first-ever National Team Manager Day, which will be held on November 6 each year.
Although team managers often fly under the radar, they play an undeniably important role in a youth sports team’s success. According to a survey of 2,000 sports parents in the U.S. and Canada:
- 93% think team managers are crucial to the success of their team.
- More than 97% think team managers are a valuable asset to their team.
- 70% of North American sports parents agree team managers do not regularly receive the recognition and appreciation they deserve.
- Nearly 94% think team managers create a positive impact on their team’s financial status by managing and raising money.
- 82% think team managers are the first line of defense in preventing arguments or issues between coaches and their players or parents.
The top 5 U.S. states where sports parents are most involved in their kids' teams are:
2. Texas - 45%
3. Alabama - 42%
4. Georgia - 41%
5. Kentucky - 39%
The top 5 Canadian providences where sports parents are most involved in their kids' teams are:
2. New Brunswick - 35%
3. Quebec - 34%
4. Alberta - 27%
5. Ontario - 26%
In honor of the inaugural holiday, three of the best team managers across the U.S. and Canada will be awarded a $1,000 cash prize from FlipGive for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to ensuring young athletes from coast-to-coast can succeed both on and off the field, court, or rink. To enter your team manager into FlipGive’s National Team Manager of the Year Award, just click here and submit their info by November 30, 2019.
Without question, team managers are the glue that holds most youth sports teams together. They deserve our recognition, and if they are chosen as one of the three best in North America, they can receive a $1,000 cash reward!