Trick or Treat
Trick or Treat will be 6-8 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 31 and the following guidelines will be observed.
* Placing individually wrapped candy on your porch or on a table in the front yard or driveway
* Following state guidelines on social distancing and wearing a face covering
* Trick or treating in family groups only
* Avoiding large groups and trick or treating in your own neighborhood without travel to other neighborhoods.
The Berea Chamber of Commerce and the Berea Parks and Recreation Department will sponsor a Halloween Ballon Glow 7-9 p.m. Oct. 31. Approximately 9-10 hot air ballons will be placed at various locations in Berea.
The Richmond Parks and Recreation Department will sponsor a Halloween Hoedown, Drive-thru event at Lake Reba Park 6-8 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 22.
Property tax payments
The 2020 Property tax cards were mailed on Oct. 1. The property tax rate was established as 10.4 cents per $100 of assessed value. This is a rate decrease of 0.4 cents from the 2019 property tax rates.
Property Tax payments can be made via the following:
• Online at www.bereaky.gov
• By Mail to 212 Chestnut Street, Berea, KY 40403. Please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope if you would like a receipt mailed back to you.
• Drop Box at 212 Chestnut Street next to the drive-thru window during non-office hours.
• In Person – To reduce traffic inside the building due to COVID-19, taxes will be collected at the window inside the back door of City Hall during the months of October and November. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm.
City Hall will be Closed on the following dates: November 11, 26 & 27; December 24, 25 & 31; and January 1, 2021. Postmarks will be accepted.