House on Hwy 708 Burns to the Ground

     A house located on Hwy 708 burned to the ground Tuesday afternoon.  The owner of the home is Greg Smith.

     Jason Reed called the Owsley County Sheriff's Department to report the fire. 

     No one was home at the time the fire started, because Mr. Smith was at work in Martin County.  

     The Booneville-Owsley County Fire Department was on the scene for over 3 hours.  

     Greg Smith had arrived at the scene while they were still putting out the fire.

     According to Booneville City Police Chief, Johnny Logsdon, it looked like it started around the dryer vent or central air unit, but that has yet to be verified.

Recommended for you