* Bart Patton and Kyle Bobrowski tied as individual winners of Tuesday's weekly league play at Sag Hollow. Each golfer scored a +2 from their handicap in the Stableford Scoring System used for league play. The team portion of league play was won by Brad Mullins and Tim Anderson with a combined score of -2. Closest to the pin on hole 3 and winner of a $10 gift certificate was Tim Pennington.
* Thursday's scramble was tied between two teams and after one playoff hole they decided to split the prize money due to darkness. The team of Brad Mullins, Darrin Gay, Ernie Whisman and Lonzo Moore scored -6, and the team of Eric Mason, Matt Vickers and Darrell Burch aslo scored -6. Trey Combs was closest to the pin on hole 3 and won a $10 gift certificate.
* The high school golf season is here and teams are already playing KHSAA matches throughout the state. Owsley County will have their first match of the season at Sag Hollow Monday, August 16. The Owls and Lady Owls are members of a newly formed conference called the Kentucky River Golf Conference. The conference is independent of the KHSAA and will compete for a conference title. The member schools are Owsley, Lee, Wolfe, Powell, Hazard, Breathitt and Jackson City. Owsley will also compete later in the fall for the KHSAA regional title. They will also play in and host the 14th region All A Tournament Monday, August 23 at Sag Hollow. The All A will be an 18 hole tournament starting in the morning and ending in the late afternoon.
Members of the Owsley County girls golf team are Lexy Lynch, Jessalyn Bishop, Carly Smith, Laya Lynch and Addison Terry. The boys team is comprised of McKindrick Little, Michael Mason, Logan Reed, Dylan Gay, Mason Smith, Andrew Terry, and a possibility that Xander Terry may soon join the team. Kyle Bobrowski is the coach of both teams.
* Sag Hollow and Beechfork will play their two day Ryder Cup over the weekend of August 28/29. The first day of the 18 hole match play format will be held at Sag Hollow and the second day will be at Beechfork in Clay City. Each team is made up of twenty golfers.
* Sag Hollow's phone number is 606-593-4653. Information can also be found on our website at saghollowgolf.com and on our Facebook page at Sag Hollow Golf Club.