* High school golf season begins for Owsley County Owls August 5th when they play their first match. Coach Mike Mason has been practicing the team in preparation for the upcoming matches and tournaments. This year's team has 5 golfers as of this date. Drew Noe is a junior who had a very solid 2018 high school season and will be the most experienced of the squad. He will be joined by juniors McKindrick Little and Hunter Shouse, freshman Logan Reed and eighth grader Michael Mason.
There's not a girls team this year due to no girls signing up to play.
* A 'bring your own team' two-man scramble is scheduled for Sunday, August 11th at Sag Hollow. The event will start at 1:00 pm and is a shotgun start. Playing tees will be according to handicaps and age. Entry fee is $50 per man. Prize money will be determined by number of entries.
* There were 12 golfers that participated during the three day golf clinic held last week by club manager Eric Mason at Sag Hollow. The kids had a great time and enjoyed learning the beginning fundamentals of golf. Pizza was served each day, which is always a favorite with youngsters.
Eric was pleased with the clinic and said it will continue to be an annual event at the club. He thanks everyone for their participation.
* Adam Sowder won the league play Tuesday with a +4 score over his handicap on the Stableford Scoring System. The team portion of the league was won by Matt Little and Jacob Anderson who teamed up to shoot a +1. Closest to the pin $10 gift certificate on hole 3 was won by Jeff Sandlin.
* Cody Pennington was the lone winner in the field of 22 in Thursday's skins game. Cody chipped in a birdie on number 1 and all other holes had zero winners. Cody won $190 for his effort. The $10 gift certificate for closest to the pin on number 3 was won by Tony Burch.
* Call Sag Hollow at 606-5934653 for any information about golf outings or tee times. Come out and enjoy the course and all it's beauty. Fees are $14 for nine holes/ $22 for eighteen holes through the week, and $14 for nine holes/ $26 for eighteen holes on weekends and holidays.