Congressman Harold “Hal” Rogers received the 2019 Daniel Boone Visionary Award last night. The award is the highest honor bestowed by the local Mountain Laurel district of the Boy Scouts of America. The district includes Knox, Bell, Clay, Harlan, Jackson, Laurel, and Whitley Counties. Rogers was honored for his vision, leadership, and positive impact on the lives of young men and women across the region. Presenting the award was 2018 winner, Union College President Marcia Hawkins. For more details, see this week’s Mountain Advocate.
- No Hungry Children This Summer
- Knox Man Arrested in Laurel Court
- Bright to Attend 2019 Entrepreneurial Leadership Institute
- Congratulations, Barbourville Independent Graduates!
- Local Tunes from the Tourism Backyard Stage
- Recent Chamber President Promoted
- Brown Bag Festival from Tourism's Backyard Stage
- Congratulations, Lynn Camp Graduates!
- Stolen Vehicle Recovered
- Alleged Crook Caught by Constable
- Here's the Dirt on Dumpster Days
- Knox County Correctional Officer Faces Assault Charge
- Not His First Rodeo
- Dollar Tree Takes Root
- Now Accepting Scholarship Applications
- One Stop at Billy's ends in arrest
- Grandson arrested in home burglary
- Poll Turnout for Tuesday's Primary Election